The Fifth ASE International Conference on Big Data
About Big Data 2015
Oct. 7-9, 2015, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
The ASE International Conference on Big Data aims to bring together academic scientists, researchers and scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results in Advancing Big Data Science & Engineering (BIGDATA). The phrase “big data” in this solicitation refers to large, diverse, complex, longitudinal, and/or distributed data sets generated from instruments, sensors, Internet transactions, email, video, click streams, and/or all other digital sources available today and in the future.
The current focus is to advance the core scientific and technological means of managing, analyzing, visualizing, and extracting useful information from large, diverse, distributed and heterogeneous data sets so as to: accelerate the progress of scientific discovery and innovation; lead to new fields of inquiry that would not otherwise be possible; encourage the development of new data analytic tools and algorithms; facilitate scalable, accessible, and sustainable data infrastructure; increase understanding of human and social processes and interactions; and promote economic growth and improved health and quality of life. The new knowledge, tools, practices, and infrastructures produced will enable breakthrough discoveries and innovation in science, engineering, medicine, commerce, education, and national security.
A long-term strategy to address various big data challenges, which include advances in core techniques and technologies; big data infrastructure projects in various science, biomedical research, health and engineering communities; education and workforce development; and a comprehensive integrative program to support collaborations of multi-disciplinary teams and communities to make advances in the complex grand challenge science, biomedical research, and engineering problems of a computational- and data-intensive world.
Call For Papers
Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
- ● Big Data Science:
- Theories, models, algorithms, benchmarking, curation, and methods for understanding big data
- ● Big Data Computing:
- Infrastructures, tools, programming, architectures, benchmarking, and testing of big data systems using Map/Reduce, Hadoop and others
- ● Big Data Mining:
- Acquisition, representation, indexing, storage, management, processing, pre-processing and post-processing of big data
- ● Big Data Analytics:
- Metrics, frameworks, evaluation, tools, analysis, visualization of big data
- ● Big Data Understanding:
- learning, knowledge discovery, business and consumer intelligence, user behavior, community discovery
- ● Big Data Applications:
- Industrial and scientific applications of big data such as search, recommendations, business intelligence, marketing, social media, good practices and reproducibility.
- ● Big Data Privacy and Security:
- Data privacy enhancing technologies, privacy-preserving computing, risk analysis, modeling, and management, trustworthy computing, access control
● Paper Submission: July 7, 2015
● Paper Acceptance: August 21, 2015
● Final Paper Due: September 7, 2015
● Author Registration: September 7, 2015
● Conference Days: October 7-9, 2015
All paper submissions will be done electronically, as indicated in the instructions on the conference web site. All papers will be peer reviewed and accepted papers will be published in the ASE Open Access Scientific Digital Library.
● Vincent S. Tseng: email@example.com
● Chung-Nan Lee: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Bao-Rong Chang: email@example.com
● Been-Chian Chien: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Min-Thai Wu: email@example.com